Faro is a place to Belong
[Matthew 18:14 | Matthew 25:45 | 2 Peter 3:9]
• We are saved not only to believe but to belong.
• We believe everyone is welcomed and should have the opportunity to hear the gospel message.
• We are a multicultural and bilingual fellowship of Spanish and English speaking Christians.
• We welcome the unsaved, un-churched, disconnected, and disillusioned.
• We believe that every person, Christian and non-Christian alike, is valuable to God.
Faro is a place where the Gospel is presented in creative ways.
[1 Corinthians 9:22—23 | Acts 17:22—34]
• Relating to our culture through redeeming the arts while remaining true to the scriptures is a balance we will always keep.
• This allows us to present the gospel in a way that reaches the heart.
• All programs and ministries allow everyone’s gifts and talents to be expressed and developed as an act of worship.
• Our desire is to worship God with music and allow the people of God to creatively express their worship to God through the creative arts and media.
Faro is a place Serve.
[Ecclesiastes 4:9—12 | Psalm 133:1 | Ephesians 4:11—16 | 1 Peter 2:4—9 | Mark 10:45 | Ephesians 2:10 |
Romans 12 | 1 Corinthians 12:14—20]
• We believe in the priesthood of all believers.
• Everyone has a gift, talent, or ability that can make it possible for someone to listen to the gospel in a unique way.
• We do church as a team.
• We believe that every member is a minister who has been given gifts, talents and abilities to be discovered, developed, and deployed.
• We are a gift-based, volunteer driven church.
• Each believer will find his greatest joy and fulfillment when serving in his spiritual gifts and passion.
• Every believer is created for ministry, gifted for ministry, authorized for ministry, and needed for ministry.
Faro is a place for Excellence.
[Psalm 78:72 | Ecclesiastes 10:10 | Daniel 5:12 | Colossians 3:17]
• We do everything “heart first”.
• We might not be the best, but we will do it with all of our hearts!
• We don’t expect perfection, but we strive toward excellence.
• The technical aspects of our gifts and talents make a difference in being effective and it also reveals our true motivation to give God the best.
• We will practice and rehearse in order to play skillfully unto the Lord.
• We will no offer anything to the Lord that does not cost us. Our service reflects ability as much as it reflects attitude.
Faro is a place for Growth.
[Matthew 28:16—20 | Mark 12:29—31 | Acts 2:44—47 | 1 Peter 2:2 | 1 Timothy 4:7—8 | Proverbs 27:17 | 2 Timothy 2:2 |
1 Timothy 3:1 | Titus 1:5—9 | Psalm 78:6—7]
• In keeping with the Great Commission and the Great Commandment we believe every member should commit to a lifestyle of consistent spiritual growth with honest accountability.
• Our teaching is dynamic and relevant to the need.
• We provide structured teaching levels for children, youth, adults and the elderly.
• We are dedicated to building emerging leaders.
• We have discipleship classes for new believers, members and Bible school students.
• We have an undying devotion to God and his Word.
• We emphasize this through our preaching and teaching and we strongly encourage everyone to have devotions individually and corporately.
• Our desire is not only to grow intellectually but to grow in our knowledge of the Lord.
• “We don’t grow beyond our hearts.”
Faro is a place for Healthy Relationships.
[James 1:2—3 | 1 Peter 3:8—9 | 1 Corinthians 13:8 | Romans 16:17 | Ephesians 4:3 | Matthew 5:2]
• We connect everything to a soul.
• We seek to encourage one another by ministering God’s love, Jesus’ life, and the Holy Spirit’s healing power through our daily relationships in life and ministry.
• We strive to maintain genuine and healthy relationships.
• Healthy relationships are more important than doing ministry or doing church.
• Refusing to give an audience to a spirit of complaining, we will instead be courageous in solving every problem in a way that honors God and builds biblical character.
• We show graciousness in all our dealings.
• We won’t entertain gossip; instead we will Biblically and in love encourage difficult but necessary discussions toward a goal of unity, growth and restoration.
Faro is a place for Evangelism.
[Proverbs 11:30 | John 1:43—45 | John 4:28—30]
• We believe that the most effective evangelism happens through people inviting people.
• We believe that a life reaches a life.
• Evangelism should be a normal, natural, lifestyle of winning others to Christ.
• We believe that the church partners with its members to reach their neighbors to God by providing effective and impacting church services that reach the heart.